Place An Order!
Issues in prayer
Posted by Barbara Smith (BWSmith)
This message was originally posted on
Christian Homeschool Fellowship on the Web
Hi Friends --
I have been thinking about some things -- particularly about the seriousness of my prayer life — so I pass along some stuff — and I hope as the Lord is teaching ME to let go, you will be encouraged by these thoughts. A major issue for women is fretting — being fearful — being "concerned." We are very, very good at that, aren't we? Do you know some promises from Scripture to inform your prayers and "reform" your fretting?
Love in Christ,
- O God, I know that the fear that is paralyzing me now is a snare, because I fear man, not You. (Prov 29:25) Whatever the source of my anxiety and fear that threatens me, You know the end. (Isa 7:4-7) And You mean not to harm me. (Jeremiah 29 11)
- God, although my heart is anxious, I believe your promise in Isaiah: "Take courage, fear not. Behold, your God will come with vengeance; the recompense of God will come, but He will save you." (Isa 35:4)
- O God, Be the shield for me you promised to be for Abram and may the comfort of Your protection be my great reward. (Gen 15:1)
- God I believe that as You rescued Moses and the Israelites from the hand of the Egyptians, You will protect me from those seeking to harm me. (Exod 14:13) Cause my eyes to see what You have placed before me . . . and take away the blindness of fear and dismay! (Deut 1:21)
- God, the psalmist walked through the valley of the shadow of death and did not fear evil for he knew Your real presence, thy comforting rod and staff. (Ps 23:4) Therefore, I will rely upon your discipline and guidance, trusting your comfort in these perilous times.
- O God, I do fear You more than I fear my circumstances. Please grant that I may I instill a Holy fear of YOU in my children. (Deut 4:10)
- And Father, that whatever befalls me, you are making me a fisher of men! (Luke 5:10)
© Barbara W. Smith 1998, all rights reserved
Permission is given to reprint any of Barbara's articles in non-profit publications as long as the article is reprinted in full and contains the copyright information and Web site address.
Please send a copy of the publication to:
Third Floor Publishing
PO Box 827
Arnold, MD 21012
We hope our thoughts encourage you in the Lord Jesus Christ who has enabled us to do exceedingly abundantly more than we could have asked or imagined -- please let us know what YOU think. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please don't forget to include your e-mail address with in the body of the message--we've had some of our responses returned due to insufficient e-mail addresses.)