Home » CHFWeb Forum » General Chats » PLEASE READ: Guidelines, Moderators and how you can help CHFWeb...
|PLEASE READ: Guidelines, Moderators and how you can help CHFWeb... [message #257359]
||Thu, 12 April 2007 10:23
| Jen E.
Registered: April 2005
Dear sisters (and a few brothers ),|
I know you love CHF as much as I do, and are so very grateful to William and Tamara for providing this God-honoring place of safety and loving support. May I remind us all of a couple of things?
First, it's very important that we read the Guidelines that are linked in many places here at CHF. We are all responsible to know them, and I've had to re-read them several times over the past few years because I've forgotten some of them. Would you please re-read them, too? Here's the link, and I'll also copy and paste them at the end of this post: http://www.chfweb.net/guidelines.html
Second, just a reminder that this is a time-consuming and money-consuming and heart-consuming ministry for the Eatons. More than anything they want to honor God here and want to maintain a high standard that glorifies Him. A few years ago they asked several women to help them in the "behind the scenes" activity, and so we delete spam or inappropriate posts, do general "housekeeping" by keeping threads where they belong, contact people whose posts need to be edited, and a bit more. With many sets of eyes on the sheepfold, it makes the Eaton's huge job a little more manageable. Because the Eatons have delegated this authority to the moderators, there are many times that the Eatons do not even know what posts are being deleted or what people are being contacted -- the moderators try to be the Eatons' hand extended, prayerfully doing what the Eatons would do if they were 10 people.
Just thought we all needed to be reminded of these basics. Because we've made this our home-away-from-home for so long, we tend to forget some of the basics.
This is a wonderful group of women (and men)! I love it here and know you do, too. Let's return the loving support of the Eatons and help make this a place that needs little moderation, by reminding ourselves of CHF Guidelines.
CHFWeb is a private, moderated message board and posting is a privilege reserved only for those who meet the condition of first reading and agreeing to abide by the following guidelines.
Messages that do not follow the following guidelines will be removed without notice.
Please see the 10 Commandments of Posting before submitting your post.
CHFWeb is dedicated to the Glory of God. May we all encourage, edify and exhort one another in love, with all gentleness and meekness, uphold the integrity of God's Word, and seek to follow these scriptural principles at all times: Colossians 3:17 ;1 Corinthians 13:4-7; Ephesians 4:29; Ephesians 5:2-4 ; Galatians 5:22-26; 2 Corinthians 1:2-4 .
Please confine all questions and comments concerning the CHFWeb message board, guidelines, and policies e-mail instead of taking up space on the message board. Please do not post your questions or comments about the operation of the message board on the board. Please e-mail us at email@example.com
What is not allowed on CHFWeb?
* No obscene or vulgar language.
* No gossip or criticism against other individuals (including spouses!) or ministries. Discuss issues in light of God's Word, not specific people.
* No Advertising. No links to your own websites, whether personal or commercial. Do not post links to other message boards, e-groups, and other Internet discussion groups without our approval first. Our purpose is not to try to gain a monopoly on the homeschool message board population. We know CHFWeb's Message Board is not going to meet all the needs and desires of everyone, but it's not considerate for others to use CHFWeb as their advertising billboard.
* No Solicitation of any type, no matter how "worthy" the cause, this is not the purpose of the message boards. (This includes projects such as "Traveling Bears", Post Card swaps, and collections for charities. It has been our experience that such projects take up a large amount of message board space and we are also unable to verify the authenticity of all requests.)
* No Used Curriculum Ads, this includes "Wanted to Buy" Ads EXCEPT on the Trading Post section according to the specific guidelines there.
* No Copyrighted Material without permission from the author. We don't encourage the posting of articles on CHFWeb. The message board was created for discussion, not as a place to paste articles gleaned from the Web (or anywhere else for that matter).
* No "pro-occult" sites, books, materials, games or activities are to be recommended or promoted on CHFWeb.
* No "Forwarded E-mails" with cute stories, poems, hoaxes, warnings, gossip, boycotts, and urban legends on the public boards. Simply put: if you received something by e-mail, don't post it!
* No links (or offering to email links or resources!) on the Bible Issues section. Our purpose in providing the Bible Issues section is so participants can discuss issues with one another in light of God's Word, not share links.
* No links to Church websites or Denominational websites. No denominational debates or discussions, CHFWeb is strictly non-denominational --so please leave the denominational "labels" off here! Discuss issues in light of God's Word! No Catholic/Protestant debates. We are NOT Catholic and we do NOT believe many things taught by the Catholic church (see our statement of faith) , but our focus here is not to debate such matters using labels, but instead discuss issues in light of God's Word..
* No drug recommendations! CHFWeb's focus is to minister to spiritual needs and give practical Biblical advice, not *medical* advice. All messages which either recommend drugs or share drug "testimonies" will be removed from the board --this is both for your protection and our own. This is not the purpose of this message board!
Please note: If you have a problem with another CHFWeb participant, please don't use the message board to blast a public rebuke, instead, go to your brother or sister privately and attempt to resolve issues in a scriptural manner.
We encourage those who feel the need for advice about very personal and intimate topics to email one of the older Christian women participating on the Titus Two Women's Section instead of posting details openly on the public board.
Colossians 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him
CHFWeb is composed of Bible-believing Christians from all walks and backgrounds who are joined together because we love the Lord, are determined to follow His Word and uphold the integrity of His Word, and allow His Holy Spirit to reign! We don't promote any denomination nor do we allow proselytizing or links to sites that do so--this is not our focus or purpose on the message boards of CHFWeb. Our prayer is that Jesus Christ shines forth from CHFWeb!
1 John 1:7
"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light,
we have fellowship one with another,
and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."
|What you can do to help keep CHFWeb "healthy"... [message #472160 is a reply to message #339209 ]
||Thu, 06 November 2008 20:53
Registered: April 2005
-- Pray that the Lord would be glorified here!
-- Pray that the messages posted will honor Him and point others to Him and His Word, and that they would help us apply His Word to our lives daily in practical ways.
-- Pray that the fellowship (and fun!) enjoyed here remain godly and uplifting!
-- Pray that we would all be challenged to love Him more and as a result, love one another more --both here and in our daily lives! That we would be encouraged in our ministries to our families and to all the Lord brings across our paths.
-- Pray that He would provide all we need to continue to offer CHFWeb and give us wisdom in the decisions we make.
We just purchased extra space for CHFWeb because that was one of the big problems --we're hoping that helps tremendously.
I'll ask William if he has any additional suggestions and add them if he comes up with anything.
Our hope and trust is in the Lord and we're thankful for HIS provision for CHFWeb!
Someone asked about donations to CHFWeb...here is that info.
P.O. Box 909
Killen, AL 35645
or donations can be sent through paypal.com to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We love and appreciate you!
"There is always enough time to do the will of God. Don't Waste Your Life!"
Current Time: Fri Feb 23 19:23:41 EST 2018
Total time taken to generate the page: 0.11509 seconds