|Ways to pray for cancer sufferers... [message #701068]
||Sat, 28 May 2011 22:46
| Jeannette in Pa.
Registered: April 2005
Location: land of horse and buggies
I have been thinking how it may be helpful if I made of list of things to pray for for people with cancer. This isn't an exhaustive list, and if there is anything anyone wants to add, feel free. Its just good sometimes to know specifically how to pray.|
1. Pray for the emotional/mental challenges that one is faced with as they deal with the disease. Not only is there the initial shock, but it is such a roller coaster ride of varied emotions, much like grief is. Anger,depression, fear, bargaining with God, denial, acceptance- in any order and the feelings tend to come and go repeatedly.
2. Pray for clear guidance regarding what treatments are best for the particular person. What may be best for one may well be deadly for the next person.
3. Pray that the cancer fighting genes and mechanisms in the body would be activated and that they would be empowered to destroy the cancer cells.
4. Pray that the actual cancer cells would either self destruct or be conquered by the body's immune system, or by the medication.
5. Pray against the complications of chemotherapy and radiation. Pray that secondary cancers from these treatments would not arise. And that the immune system would be protected.
6. Pray for vision in the heart of the cancer victim, that as long as they have breath, God is still using them and they have an important role in this life.
7. Pray that who ever has cancer, that they would know the Lord in deeper and more intimate ways and discover the peace that penetrates deeper than any pain or heartache.
8. Pray for the family... its a terribly hard battle to endure for them, too. I sometimes felt that my suffering was harder on my loved ones than it was on me.
9. Pray for wisdom to eat nutritiously.
10. Pray that the Lord would make Himself manifest in new ways to not only the cancer warrior, but to the ones who their lives touch.
11. Pray for rest... or energy, depending on what the need is the most for.
12. Pray against fear. After you have been diagnosed with cancer, even if you have survived it, every time there is something a little out of the ordinary, it is very easy to begin to fear the cancer is back. And during the seasons of active battle, the medical testing and appointments can be very overwhelming and scary.
13. Pray for peace of mind while awaiting results of biopsies and tests.
14. Pray for provision in those seasons where work is limited or impossible.
15. Pray for safety and energy when out in the heat.
16. Pray that the side effects of any treatment would be minimal and that the person is kept safe from infection.
Thanks for all the prayers you have lifted up for me and some of our sisters here on chfweb who battle cancer. We truly appreciate your support.
Nothing is impossible with God...